Saturday, January 19, 2008

Warm toes

Dear reader,
I can feel your concern across the many oceans and leagues that divide us.

Your anxiety about my well-being through the freezing night is well founded and appreciated. BUT, fret no more; relax and settle down in your comfy armchair, put out the cat, make a warm mug of Horlicks, light the fire, put your feet up, dim the lights, turn on the TV and settle down in front of the next episode of Midsomer Murders. Worry not for me, but for poor Bergerac and the next village to be decimated by a rampaging murderer as another scorned member of the WI wreaks their revenge on the inhabitants of a population halved by their blood-lust and thirst for the respect and dignity that has been so cruelly denied them by the coven of judges in the Jam-making competition.

No need to head for the Red Cross and demand a parcel of warm blankets and quilts are delivered to Kabul immediately on a mission of extreme need, for I, your humble blogger found a sleeping bag last night and now ensconce myself in said sleeping bag under three blankets. Last night my little toes were resplendent in only one pair of thermal socks and were toasting like marshmallows on a fork while I slept the sleep of the desperately tired. In fact, I woke up at 8am, realised it was a holiday, there was no power, the heating was off and my breath was creating a nice line in freezing mist and decided to stay under the covers. I finally awoke at 12:15 which must be the first time I have slept through a whole morning since my 40's.

So, all is well, and tomorrow we finally go to work and begin the long task of unravelling what has been done in my absence, I wonder what delights await me!!

So till then, be good, and please don't be shy to leave a comment, it is heart-warming to know someone actually reads this drivel!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the comforts of a cosy sleeping bag are now yours to enjoy! Your are not alone in writing about the cold - heard this on Saturday, have a look/hear http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7196066.stm