Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the grumpy blogger

OK, I know I seem to spend all my time moaning but I have not washed since the night of the earthquake.
You see, yesterday morning the water heater in the bathroom blew its heating element, so we had no hot water (and believe me, in these temperatures you do not use the cold water!!). So that was fixed yesterday. I went to bed expecting to have a shower this morning BUT.
Today the diesel had frozen in the generator and so we had no power, no heating, no water, no nothing except cold and dark. So I got up very quickly and dived into a car and went straight to work for some light and heat and a cup of tea. Today the generator has been fixed and we have power, heating and water. BUT.
The water heater has sprung a leak and has been taken away to be repaired, so no hot water tomorrow!!!

There are limits...................................................

No comments: